Friday, July 12, 2013

Welcome Home Party!

We had Isaac's welcome home party on June 30th. I had worked on all the decorations for a little over a week. I was able to be very creative thanks to some amazing ideas from others on the internet, and the fact Isaac has been an extremely laid back baby. 
We had a mini candy buffet and cupcakes from Sam's Club. I made the cupcake toppers from a template I found here http://www.thespaghettiwesterner.com/2011/04/free-printables-sock-monkey-first.html
The templates do not include the monkey, but I had purchased the digital files for sock monkeys on Etsy for a couple of bucks about six months ago and created the printables using Photoshop. I invested in a two inch circle punch, had the files printed at copy center near my parent's home. It was much cheaper than printing them out myself and using up precious printer ink! Once I punched out the circles, I stuck them together with scrapbooking adhesive (less messy than glue) with a mini Popsicle stick between them. I purchased the mini sticks at Walmart in their craft area.
The banner was downloaded for free here
cut out, and strung on curling ribbon.
I also made various little signs using the digital files, and my photoshop program. I printed some of those at Walgreens as regular 5X7 photos. 
The big monkey sign was available here and printed on cardstock at my local printer.

Both Ellie and Isaac's clothing was purchased at Hobby Lobby for cheap along with the sock monkey iron on which cost about 1.99.
We were blessed with so many friends and family who came to see our precious Isaac.
Thank you to all who came and blessed us with the gift of your presence and other awesome things for Isaac.
(And yes, I am working on an amazing sock monkey Thank you card)





No comments:

Post a Comment