Wednesday, December 16, 2015

STEP UP, STEP OUT


Today in my Facebook feed I read this from my friend Maggie.

"I just found out that one of the foster agencies is getting ready to take presents out to foster families and they got virtually no donations for their teens. Depending on the foster family, that could mean these kids don't get a Christmas.
If anyone would like to make donations for the teens, let me know and I'd be happy to pick up! I'm sure gift cards (music, clothes, makeup, mall) would be awesome since we don't know of specific requests. Thanks!"





A little background about Maggie. She is an amazing mom of bio and adopted daughters from foster care.  Despite being in their thirties, her and her husband have decided to again STEP UP and STEP OUT in faith to adopt a teenage girl and soon, she will join their family just in time for the holiday season.

I shared her post on my Facebook feed. It got one "like"

C'mon Christians we can do better!
Can you imagine being a teenager in foster care and seeing your younger foster siblings receiving gifts while you get nothing?
Everyone gets excited about purchasing baby gifts and toys but teenagers aren't "as fun." Can you imagine the sadness during this holiday season? The loneliness?
I know by now most have done their holiday gift shopping. I know budgets are stretched thin, but how can we ignore the least of these? 


Foster Families have little to no "extra." Our ministry was created  because of this need. THESE FAMILIES ARE ALREADY DOING THE HARD STUFF. How hard is it for us to give twenty bucks or more?
PLEASE, CONTACT ME IF YOU CAN HELP.
Click on the "contact us" button at the top of the page.
We have a paypal account and I can get funds to Maggie. 


Hebrews 13:16

 “Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.”




No comments:

Post a Comment